- The BP analyses, designs and develops roadmaps and implementation plans based on a current versus future state business architecture, and review the architecture standards for approval.
- Leads and facilitates the business architecture governance process based on the enterprise architecture governance structure, and manages exceptions to architectural standards at a business level.
- Assesses near term needs to establish business priorities and aligns architectural requirements with IT strategy. He consults with clients and IT teams on business architecture solutions and provides recommendations on emerging technology to senior management.
- Strategic in their approach to managing resources and developing capabilities within the team. He is able to impress upon the team the need to continuously improve service levels and increase efficiencies and GreenFeed's "Blood".
Formulate the organisation’s architecture strategy, roadmap, standards, policies and procedures, and governance
- Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions
- Participate in ecosystem strategy development, environment analysis and opportunity identification
- Analyse, design and develop roadmaps and implementation plans based on a current versus future state.
- Lead and facilitate the business architecture governance process based on the enterprise architecture governance structure
- Manage exceptions to architectural standards at a business level
- Review and approve recommendations to business architectural standards
Develop architecture requirements and maintain oversight
- Analyse and develop business architectural requirements
- Align architectural requirements with IT strategy
- Assess near-term needs to establish business priorities
- Ensure compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure, services and strategic requirements
- Coordinate architecture implementation and modification activities
- Assist in post-implementation and continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality
- Ensure conceptual completeness of the technical solution
Manage quality and continuous improvement of architecture
- Analyse the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement
- Identify and propose variances to the architecture to accommodate project needs
- Perform ongoing architecture quality review activities
Research emerging technologies
- Consult with clients and IT teams on business architecture solutions
- Analyse cost versus benefits, risks, impact and technology priorities
- Provide recommendations on emerging technology to senior management
- Develop communication plans for business architecture
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development
- Identify organisational requirements for resources
Drive business architecting
- Oversee the definition of future-state and current-state business architecture
- Explore methods to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology, for business processes
- Design business processes, functions and organisational structures
- Review operational strategies, policies and targets across teams and projects
- Develop strategies for resource planning and utilisation
- Oversee the development of learning roadmaps for teams and functions
- Establish performance indicators to benchmark effectiveness of learning and development programmes against best practices
- Implement succession planning initiatives for key management positions